Halloween

For Halloween this year I was Larry Bird. For those of you who don’t know, Larry Bird is a basketball player for the Boston Celtics, the best team ever. Im definitely not biased. It’s definitely not like I was born in Boston and while I’m writing this is around me:

72056727091__4B49A56C-6737-4D77-8C1E-1E5381C200C2

(A quick video taken by me showing how big of a Celtics fan I am.) So anyway, basketball is my life, and I would tell you more, but you can wait until my next post. Any way so here is a picture of Larry:

https://theathletic.com/1901474/2020/06/30/larry-bird-10-best-seasons/

And here is me:

Taken by my mom

Pretty similar huh? Anyway, Larry Bird was a funny and great trash talker, along with his great basketball ability, and the weirdest shooting form ever. Larry once walked up to the other team’s bench, and said, something like this, “Y’all are so bad I’m gonna play this game left handed on you.” And he did. 47 points, 14 assists. Anyway what made Larry Bird so great was great shooting ability, and great driving and in the post skill. Now that we’re talking about shooting, I could not finish this post without talking about Larry Bird’s form. This is how you’re supposed to shoot:

72056838511__6435BF42-166C-47BC-93B1-BB8D77B050E8

And this is how Larry shoots:

72056857087__CDFB07E0-75AE-46A4-86D6-A1C05410E2CF

(both videos were taken by me)

Big difference huh? Yeah. Larry cocks his arm  back too much. But if you don’t like sports, the ‘boring’ part is over. If you like Halloween, I’ll be talking about the history now. A theory holds that Halloween celebrations were inspired by garden parties. Another theory says that Halloween began as a Christian holiday as the eve of All Hollows Day. It spread to the Americas, and according to Wikipedia, Lesly Bannayne and Cindy Ott said that Catholics colonists in Maryland started to observe All Hallows Eve. Puritans of New England, (BOSTON, BABY!) opposed All Hallows Eve. (Oh.) it wasn’t until Irish and Scottish immigrants came in the 18 and 19 hundreds that Halloween became a major holiday. And to this day, that’s why we celebrate Halloween. (Thank you, Irish! For Boston, and this great day!) So now, I’ll be talking about, costumes, and candy. I think the best costume I saw this year was either Big Bird or a Prime Bottle. (I love funny costumes.) The Prime bottle was funny because of Prime’s giant popularity rise this year, and I have big appreciation for people who made these because it looked hard. My favorite candy is probably Twix, because it’s chocolate and caramel. Trolli worms are good too. But anyway, that’s all. Stay tuned!

One thought on “Halloween”